Animal Facility Supervisor - Job ID:6711
Responsibilities of the Animal Facility Supervisor:
- Responsible for the training of animal care staff in the following: cage changing techniques, room sanitation, autoclave operation, cage wash operations, waste disposal and other husbandry duties as required.
- Supervise the daily activities of staff conducting husbandry and study support activities in the Vivarium.
- Generate work orders and ensure documentation of all corrective maintenance and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follow up to ensure timely resolution to issues and provide update to client management when resolved.
- Provide timely, concise and effective communication regarding all facility utilities, infrastructure, process equipment, and supply chain and housing system issues to client Management.
- Inspect animal housing systems to ensure proper setup and function.
- Coordinate the movement of animals throughout the facility and assign housing locations for receipt of new animals.
Requirements of the Animal Facility Supervisor:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science or related field preferred and 5+ years lead and/or supervisory experience.
- Must have experience working in a laboratory animal facility and AALAS certification.
Benefits of the Animal Facility Supervisor:
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.