Animal Technician - Job ID:6709
Responsibilities of the Animal Technician:
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to laboratory animals for research.
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations. Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle /automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
- Maintain accurate records of animal health, and housing/isolator or support areas as required by Institute and facility.
- Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as assigned by the on-site supervisor or facility veterinarian.
- Dispose of animal carcasses following established procedures.
Requirements of the Animal Technician:
- AS Degree preferred and 2+ years relevant experience working as an animal technician.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills required.
Benefits of the Animal Technician:
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.