Electro-Optical Technician - Job ID:5484
Technician will work on the assembly of prototype scientific instruments and related subsystems/ test fixtures. Responsibilities include fitting and assembling optical and electromechanical components into subsystems and complete instruments.
- Assembly, alignment and testing of electro-optical devices in accordance with written and verbal instructions
- Repair and calibration of products
- Must be capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders and test procedures
- Must be familiar with and capable of operating standard electronic test equipment
- Align, fit and assemble component parts
- Inspect parts for surface defects
- Analyze and record test results and prepare written testing documentation
- Adhere to safety rules, company policies and procedures, QSR and ISO regulations
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- 3+ year Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience assembling, testing and validating complex opto-mechanical assemblies
- Electronics experience a plus
- Experience in Biotechnology, Medical device or regulated environment a plus
Email resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.