Engineering Technician - Job ID:6409
Responsibilities of the Engineering Technician:
- Support the engineering team in development of prototype instrumentation and improvement of processes in accordance with FDA and
- international regulations.
- Creation of early stage prototypes and devices for product evaluation.
- Support day-to-day engineering activities.
- Evaluate prototypes utilizing test equipment such as force testers, calipers, flow models, weight scale etc.
- Build tools, fixtures and processes utilizing experience with common shop tools.
- Installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of R&D and production equipment.
- Assist safety team to ensure compliance with applicable safety standards.
Requirements of the Engineering Technician:
- Minimum of 2 years working in a prototype environment.
- Strong electronics and mechanical aptitude required.
- Experience with physical and mechanical testing.
- ISO and ASTM testing experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Basic knowledge/capability of SolidWorks is preferred.
Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, and matching 401K plan
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.