Firmware Engineer - Job ID:6698
Responsibilities of the Firmware Engineer:
- Code, test, debug, document, and maintain firmware updates for existing and new products and platforms.
- Participate in and contribute to design planning and product development sessions to ensure well-integrated product development and ultimate customer satisfaction.
- Seeks new technologies for integration into new products.
- Assist in new product planning.
- Demonstrated ability to perform at individual contributor role with responsibilities for architecture of software subcomponent.
- Provides technical support to other groups as required to bring a product successfully through commercialization, helps maintain existing products and supports vendor technical requirements.
Requirements of the Firmware Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical / Computer Engineering or related field.
- Must have 5+ years experience in firmware/embedded micro-controller development or similar position.
- Proven programming skills in C/C++.
- Ability to direct support staff in troubleshooting hardware and firmware using laboratory test equipment.
- Strong technical writing capabilities.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.