Lab Manager - Job ID:6607
Responsibilities of the Lab Manager:
- Perform day-to-day administration of the laboratory by working closely with operations teams, interfacing with vendors and service providers, and leading a weekly lab operational meeting
- Ensure Staff compliance with SOP’s and best practices for laboratory facilities
- Oversee and maintain biomedical laboratory supply inventory, receiving laboratory supplies, and managing the inventory
- Maintain a high level of organization within the laboratory including records of internal stocks of specialized reagents and experimental samples using database, inventory of consumable supplies and tracking of equipment
- Manage the laboratory equipment through calibrations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage all shipping and receiving activities. Coordinate lab shipments to/from company while maintaining safe shipping and handling standards
- Manage temperature-controlled asset storage and equipment emergency alarm system.
Requirements of the Lab Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field.
- Must have 5+ years lab management experience
- Prior lab purchasing/procurement experience
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.