Lab Technician - Chemistry - Job ID:5898
- Act as the primary support technician for purification instrumentation within the Open Access labs of our Chemistry department in Cambridge, MA.
- Keep instruments running at their optimum performance through proactive preventive maintenance
- Monitor performance of equipment by following QC protocols
- Ensure methods are robustly delivering optimum performance by scheduling regular “recovery” experiments
- Quickly respond to and diagnose instrument failures, where you may fix the easier issues, or work with the vendor to fix the more complicated ones.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and instrument users.
- Participate constructively in team meetings
- Offer assistance to co-workers and be point of contact for prep open access systems.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for commonly used replacements.
- Monitor trends in service requests and implement corrective actions to improve operational efficiency and reduce downtime of the instruments
- A successful candidate will have 2-5 years’ experience in an industry setting as a Lab Technician or BS in scientific discipline such as chemistry, or engineering and 1-3 year experience.
- A basic understanding of analytical and purification HPLC/SFC and MS techniques, instrumentation and underlying principles is required and experience desired.
- Ability to quickly diagnose and remedy advanced hardware and software problems.
- Good personal and communication skills and maintain a professional “customer focus” within the workplace.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Email resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.