Quality Analyst - Job ID:6251
Responsibilities of the Quality Analyst:
- Executing quality control and data transformation steps on next-generation sequencing (NGS) variant data ahead of transfer to clinical databases.
- Reviewing all data for correctness and consistency and for resolving technical problems that arise.
- The candidate will have familiarity with common data outputs from NGS, the associated quality metrics, experience in Python and R, and deep commitment to quality and strong attention to detail. The candidate will be responsible for executing work in a reproducible manner and with a high level of documentation. As this position will require coordination and collaboration with other groups such as data management, project management and scientific research, the candidate must have strong communication skills.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to draft, review and sign-off on data transfer specifications
- Execute quality control and data transformation scripts for NGS data in R and Python
- Review output of quality control and data transformation scripts, escalate issues with data set quality to appropriate teams and coordinate resolution ahead of transfer to clinical databases and collaborators
- Coordinate and execute data transfers
Requirements of the Quality Analyst:
- Familiarity with wide range of variant data from NGS sequencing
- Basic understanding of NGS genome reference files and formats
- Basic understanding of molecular biology
- Knowledge of quality metrics associated with NGS variant calls
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and R
- Ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders from diverse technical and scientific backgrounds
- Proactive mindset to troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Email resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.