Research Associate (Chemistry) - Job ID:6604
Responsibilities of the Research Associate (Chemistry):
- Act as the primary support technician for purification instrumentation within the chemistry department.
- Keep instruments running at their optimum performance through proactive preventive maintenance.
- Monitor performance of equipment by following QC protocols
- Quickly respond to and diagnose instrument failures, where you may fix the easier issues, or work with the vendor to fix the more complicated ones.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and instrument users.
- Participate constructively in teams and lab meetings
- Offer assistance to co-workers and be point of contact for prep open access systems.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for commonly used replacements.
Requirements of the Research Associate (Chemistry):
- BS in scientific discipline such as chemistry, or engineering and 1-3 year experience.
- Experience with HPLC is plus.
- Individual must be self-motivated, well-organized, reliable, and able to prioritize workload.
Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, and matching 401K plan
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.