Scientist - Upstream Process Development - Job ID:6666
Responsibilities of the Scientist - Upstream Process Development:
- Working with clients in evaluation of upstream processes, sourcing reagents, equipment, and materials for specific projects and ensuring
- proper technology transfer from client.
- Process demonstration using bench-top bioreactors.
- Development of optimized, characterized, and robust seed train and bioreactor processes;
- Scaling-up of upstream processes to ensure successful transfer to cGMP manufacturing.
- Preparing and modifying process development and manufacturing documents (PDPRs, SOPs, process development and investigation reports, etc.), supporting regulatory submissions when required.
- Other supporting and manufacturing responsibilities when required.
Requirements of the Scientist - Upstream Process Development:
- MS or PhD degree in chemical & biomolecular engineering, cell Biology, bioengineering, biotechnology or other relevant scientific disciplines
- with 3+ years process development experience.
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture using bioreactors.
- Proven ability to work independently and to multi-task, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of gene therapy, AAV and/or lentiviral vectors preferred.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.