Scientist, Downstream Process Development - Job ID:5967
- Performing downstream purification processes for virus production.
- The individual will focus on purification activities in the laboratory, developing processes from material produced in bioreactors through a rigorous scientific / engineering approach in a conjunction with senior team members.
- The individual must be competent in the analysis and interpretation of data, and will ideally have experience with analytical technics used for protein and virus characterization. The candidate will present data to collaborators and will assist in writing memos, protocols and reports by organizing data and observations.
- Planning and execution of experiments for Pall downstream process development services including, continuous bioprocessing systems, depth filtration, chromatography, TFF testing along with some of the analytics
- Help with administrative functions for projects – preparation of report drafts, budget tracking, draft proposals
- Ph.D, MS or Bachelors in biological science / chemical engineering
- 5 + years Experience with purification with viral particles is a plus (gene therapy and/or vaccine fields)
- Experince with bioreactor viral vector production processes.
- Prior experience compiling information into technical reports
- Ability to solve moderately complex issues independently
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
Email resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.