Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Job ID:6699
Responsibilities of the Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Will design and develop medical devices from concept through market introduction for client companies.
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Designs and implements new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products to bring concept to market, including essential product and process documentation.
- Participates in the organization and execution of interdepartmental activities to ensure the completion of projects on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Conducts feasibility studies of the design to determine the ability to function as intended.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Prepares project plans that specify project phases, tasks, task interdependencies, durations, resource assignments, and costs. Conduct risk analysis for products under development.
- Coordinates activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines.
- Partners with Program Managers and technical staff to generate and develop concepts, prototypes and developed products/processes for new medical devices.
Requirements of the Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline is required
- Must have 5+ years of medical device design and development experience is required
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability is desired
- SolidWorks 3D CAD proficiency
- Familiarity with FDA QSR and ISO 13,485 medical device regulations
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.