Director of R&D Engineering - Job ID:6689
Responsibilities of the Director of R&D Engineering:
- Leads early stage research and applies the scientific method to establish research pathways.
- Performs mechanical and electrical design for prototype and early stage systems.
- Designs, develops and implements test fixtures to support early stage exploration.
- Develops or defines software to acquire test measurements, analyze data sets, and support early stage product functionality.
- Designs and coordinates test plans for gathering data during early stage exploration. Applies design of experiments (DoE) principles to drive research. Applies root cause analysis techniques where appropriate.
- Designs, coordinates and executes pre-clinical protocols.
Requirements of the Director of R&D Engineering:
- Education: Research-based M.S. in Engineering or Physics with 4+ years experience, or Ph.D. and 2+ years experience (including post-doctoral research).
- Simulation experience in ANSYS Fluent and Mechanical a strong plus.
- Experience in MATLAB, SolidWorks, LabVIEW, MS Office. Advanced skill preferred.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes related to mechanical and electrical prototyping. Basic machine shop skills are desirable.
- Experience with quality systems and regulatory requirements for medical devices.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.