Veterinary Technician - Job ID:6710
Responsibilities of the Veterinary Technician:
- Follows policies and procedures for fulfilling animals’ nutritional, health, and environmental requirements as directed under the supervision of the Director.
- Performs assigned veterinary technology duties such as, administration of medications, injections, fecal and tissue collections, phlebotomies, euthanasia.
- Provides veterinary tech support to investigators during pre, intra and post surgery as needed.
- Assists in the training of investigators and staff in the proper handling of animals, aseptic surgical techniques, injection, anesthesia and breeding.
- Maintains operating room facilities, equipment and supplies.
- Assures proper care and use of surgical equipment and supplies.
Requirements of the Veterinary Technician:
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Science or related area.
- Veterinary Technology license or certification (LVT or CVT) preferred
- AALAS Certification a plus.
- 0-2 years of experience.
Benefits of the Veterinary Technician:
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.
Commonwealth Sciences, Inc.