Accessioning Technician (COVID Testing)
Accessioning Technicians are responsible for the receipt and data entry of samples for Covid-19 diagnostic testing. Upon receipt of the sample the Accessioning Technician will record the receipt of the sample and verify the information on the incoming sample tube with the information within the associated record. The Accessioning Technician will ensure all sample information is accurately entered in a laboratory information management system allowing the sample to move forward for testing.
The position will be part of a fast-paced, high-throughput diagnostic testing environment. and will require weekend availability. The schedule consists of a 10-hour shift and utilizes 3 days on, 3 days off rotation.
Requirements of the Accessioning Technician:
- A degree in Biology or a closely related field is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high throughput environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent computer and data entry skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work collaboratively within the team environment.
- Prior experience with a laboratory information management system a plus.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.