Responsibilities of the Analytical Scientist:
- Develop and optimize analytical methods for the characterization and quantification of natural product secondary metabolites, intracellular/extracellular metabolites, and proteins.
- Analyze and interpret data from multiple ‘omics platforms using bioinformatics tools and engage with other scientists and researchers to formulate hypotheses.
- Ensure that our state-of-the-art analytical facilities and equipment (GC-MS/FID, LC- QQQ/Q-TOF, HPLC) are well-maintained and functioning efficiently.
- Assist the R&D team in data acquisition, processing and analysis.
- This position will play a key role in coordinating analytical requirements between various functional R&D teams.
Requirements of the Analytical Scientist:
- M.S./PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or similar field.
- 3+ years experience in operations, maintenance and hand-on use of analytical equipment (GC-MS/FID, LC-MS and HPLC).
- Experience in R programming/Python for statistical data analysis.
- Prior experience in metabolic engineering and synthetic biology is a plus.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.