Animal Care Technician
Responsibilities of the Animal Care Technician:
- Conduct daily animal health monitoring, husbandry and receipt of animal shipments.
- Identify and respond to clinical conditions.
- Perform facility maintenance including receiving/stocking supplies, sanitization/sterilization of equipment and environment, waste management, and monitoring environmental parameters.
- Review SOPs & IACUC documents.
Requirements of the Animal Care Technician:
- Experience with/exposure to rodent care (husbandry, daily checks, clinical identification (preferred).
- Familiarity with research facility operations (stock & waste management, organization, sanitation) (preferred).
- Lift, push, pull up to 50lb, stand for extended periods of time and perform repetitive motions.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.