Responsibilities of the Animal Technician:
- Mouse husbandry in isolators.
- Breakdown and setup of flexible film and semi rigid isolators.
- Preparation of sterile supplies including food and bedding.
- Use of facility equipment including autoclaves and cage washer.
- Collection and maintenance of data; record keeping.
- Ensure facility compliance with all local and federal animal use regulatory entities.
- Act as back-up for other technicians, as needed and performs other duties as assigned
Requirements of the Animal Technician:
- High school graduate or equivalent with at least 6 months experience in animal care required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- ALAT, or LAT certification by the American Association for Lab Animal Science preferred.
- Experience in gnotobiotic and germ-free mouse husbandry preferred.
- May require work with infectious agents.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.