Associate Director, Immunotherapy
Responsibilities of the Associate Director, Immunotherapy:
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional group of scientists focused on creating engineered immune cell therapies to address areas of critical need for patients.
- Conceive of and execute novel strategies and discovery efforts to create cell therapies with improved properties for the treatment of hematologic and solid cancers using base editing and nuclease editing technology.
- Effectively manage several highly productive researchers working across multiple programs and/or immune cell types.
- Apply and critically evaluate base editor technologies in an array of immune cells.
- Execute experiments using relevant tumor models in vitro and in vivo.
Requirements of the Associate Director, Immunotherapy:
- PhD in immunology, cancer biology, cellular biology or related discipline with 4+ years of experience.
- Expertise in human T cell biology, including cell signaling, metabolism, and trafficking.
- Expertise culturing human T cells, transformed cell lines and using electroporation methods for the introduction of nucleic acids and proteins into these cells.
- Expertise with in vitro and in vivo assays and models to characterize T cell phenotype and function.
- Must have strong leadership experience including managing direct reports.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.