Responsibilities of the Associate Director:
- Mentor a team of scientists and research associates in the design of experiments that support programs.
- Design, develop and apply cell-based immune assays.
- Lead preclinical proof of concept research activities toward the development of cell therapy products.
- Independently design experiments, meticulously execute bench work, troubleshoot assays, analyze data, and communicate findings.
- Present results at internal and external meetings.
- Manage 5+ direct reports.
Requirements of the Associate Director:
- PhD in Immunology or a related field with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to fast paced, rapidly changing start-up environment.
- Must have experience with 5+ direct reports.
- Experience leading and driving research projects to IND.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.