Position located in Rochester, MN
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist:
- Plan and execute in vitro virology experiments under minimal supervision.
- Independently design and clone viral vectors.
- Generate engineered cell lines by designing and executing genetic editing strategies in mammalian cell lines via lentiviral vectors, CRISPR, or other novel editing platforms.
- Collaborate with other team members to advance cross-functional scientific projects and standardize adoption of new scientific techniques.
- Following an onboarding period, the candidate will perform experimental research under minimal supervision, but in close collaboration with the rest of the scientific team.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Virology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Minimum two years (Master’s degree) or four years (Bachelor’s degree) laboratory experience, including at least one year performing research.
- Must be proficient in cloning.
- Must have experience in the design and use of CRISPR for gene editing.
- Must have experience with eukaryotic cell culture.
- Ability to plan, organize, and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.