Associate Scientist – Cell Culture
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist – Cell Culture:
- Perform activities and small-scale cell culture experiments to optimize media/feed composition and feeding strategies.
- Independently operate laboratory scale bioreactors and other cell culture equipment required for development studies.
- Monitor and sample cell culture processes daily; including testing for attributes such as cell viability and density, metabolites, pH, and more.
- Participate in and lead cell culture technology transfer activities such as authoring and reviewing process descriptions, reviewing master batch records and process data, and providing on the floor support during GMP manufacturing.
- Take responsibility as the lead scientist for cell line development activities at CDMO.
- Develop in-house cell lines.
- Present work at department and cross functional meetings and contribute as a process lead in drug development team meetings.
- Troubleshoot and maintain laboratory equipment.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist – Cell Culture:
- B.S./M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical, Mechanical or Biochemical Engineering (or related discipline) with 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with aseptic techniques for small scale bioreactor experiments.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting cell culture operations from vial thaw to bioreactor harvest.
- A strong understanding of cell culture parameters in general (cell growth rate, cell density, viability, population doubling, metabolites and cell waste, etc.).
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.