Associate Scientist, Genome Sequencing
- Design, execute, and optimize experiments for diagnostic products in CAP CLIA environment.
- Utilize molecular biology methods such as NGS, PCR, qPCR.
- Prepare samples for downstream processing.
- Perform QC and sign off on protocols and SOPs.
- Collaborates closely with internal & external bioinformatics and product development teams.
- Presents experimental results, data analysis at group meetings.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist, Genome Sequencing:
- BS/MS with 5+ years’ laboratory experience or PhD in life science related discipline with 2+ years’ experience.
- Must have strong background in molecular biology and genomics including experience with Illumina, PCR, qPCR, NGS, and library preparation.
- Experience utilizing LIMS.
- Previous experience working in a CLIA/CAP environment is preferred.
- Must be ok working in startup environment.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.