Associate Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology:
- Independently perform dosing via standard routes of administration in laboratory rodents (IV, IP, PO, SC, IM), blood sampling via standard routes of blood collection in laboratory rodents, tissue harvest, and data recording.
- Independently collect and process terminal blood samples; collect and process other samples under the direction of a veterinarian or senior research associate
- The incumbent may perform the above duties alongside research scientists; he/she must be prepared to work collaboratively and be flexible, depending on the timelines, readouts, and specific circumstances of a given animal study
- Assist with data acquisition & entry, including report preparation of data collected during the in-life phase of a study; provide study directors with proper documentation of any protocol deviations; execute studies using good documentation practices and adherence to all facility guidelines, policies, and SOPs
- Monitor animal health in laboratory rodents and assist with administration of veterinary treatments
- Assist in the oversight of procedure room spaces within the vivarium, ensuring study supplies are adequately stocked and spaces are prepared for upcoming and ongoing study work
Requirements of the Associate Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology:
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent relevant experience
- Must have 2+ years of in vivo experience within academia and/or industry.
- Proficiency with basic laboratory rodent techniques, anatomy, and behavior is essential.
- A proven track record of collaborative work practices and strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.