Job ID: #9438
Associate Scientist/Scientist (AAV)
Research & Development
Position located in Boston, MA
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist/Scientist (AAV):
- Execute large and small scale, high titer lentivirus packaging/ purification tasks to support the company’s high-throughput discovery projects.
- Execute RNA and protein-based QC experiments to monitor and ensure the quality of lentivirus generated in house.
- Organize and keep track of DNA vector usage for research use.
- Support DNA cloning and propagation efforts when necessary.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist/Scientist (AAV):
- BS or MS with 5+ years or PhD with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with lentivirus- and retrovirus-based cell transduction and engineering.
- Knowledge in human and mouse tumor organoid culture is strongly preferred.
- AAV experience is preferred.
- Experience with various CRISPR-based gene editing techniques.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.