Associate Scientist/Scientist, In Vitro Assay Development
Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist/Scientist, In Vitro Assay Development:
- Perform the execution of in vitro assays.
- Perform various mammalian cell culture assays including toxicity, reporter, and other functional assays.
- Conduct molecular biology tasks as needed from cloning and PCR, to DNA/RNA extraction and Western Blotting.
- Analyze ex-vivo data from outsource partners.
- Document the execution of experiments appropriately and following established procedures.
- Prepare or assist in the development of experimental procedures, protocols, and SOPs as necessary.
- Maintain laboratory space and inventory.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain lab instrumentation as needed.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist/Scientist, In Vitro Assay Development:
- Ph.D with 2+ years’ experience or MS with 5+ years’ experience in industry environment.
- Extensive knowledge of in vitro assay development and execution techniques.
- Background in drug discovery, immuno-oncology, or cancer biology preferred.
- Displayed experience of a variety of molecular techniques.
- Previous experience working with CROs is a strong plus.
- Great opportunity for recent PhD’s or Post-Docs looking to transition into industry!
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.