Responsibilities of the Associate Scientist/Scientist:
- Perform bioanalytical method development, validation, and sample analysis for the extraction and quantitation of specific nucleic acids for CMC, preclinical and clinical studies supporting the pharmaceutical development of cell and gene therapies, according to GxP principles.
- Supervise and train analysts and junior scientists and troubleshoot assays.
- Manage material, equipment and instrumentation.
- Identify, monitor and manage external providers for sourcing of molecular-biology specific reagents (e.g., oligonucleotides) and activities (e.g., plasmid production and linearization).
- Order and keep accurate inventories of supplies for laboratory needs and forecast future needs based on projected needs.
Requirements of the Associate Scientist/Scientist:
- BS or MS in Biology or related field.
- Must have 7+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in CMC, shedding, and biodistribution studies supporting the pharmaceutical development of cell and gene therapies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and validate robust nucleic acid extraction methods from multiple, complex biologic matrices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and validate specific quantitative PCR assays to support CMC.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.