Position located in Burlington, MA
Responsibilities of the Battery Engineer:
- Lead the design and oversee the construction of battery cell/ultrasound test systems and characterization efforts.
- Will perform feasibility testing to evaluate cell capacity, cycle life, various failure modes, rate capabilities, internal resistance, and safety.
- Conduct trade studies to understand experiment design trade-offs and make performance estimates to set design expectations.
- Direct cell cycling and other electrochemical testing in conjunction with ultrasound measurements.
- Develop and implement appropriate safety protocols for handling batteries.
- Perform data analysis to quantitatively evaluate the cell performance in conjunction with ultrasound signal quality. Compare the performance of various ultrasound transducers and systems.
- Stay up to date on battery technologies and understand how they might affect ultrasound sensing.
- Lead technical research and feasibility of new technologies together with internal and/or external teams in alignment with the company product roadmap.
Requirements of the Battery Engineer:
- MS or PhD in ChemE, EE, or related field with 3+ years experience working with lithium-ion battery chemistries.
- Must have experience with ultrasound test systems and signal processing.
- Programming experience is a plus.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.