Responsibilities of the Bioinformatician:
- Building new tools and technologies with DNA and sequencing
- Develop and validate NGS processing and analysis pipelines
- Optimize the decoding pipeline that translates sequencing reads to the original data
- Publish peer-reviewed articles and file patents relating to team’s ideas
Requirements of the Bioinformatician:
- PhD/MS in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field with industry experience
- Experience in NGS data analysis
- Must have expertise in programming languages such as python, R, etc.
- Must be okay at a small start up company
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.