Responsibilities of the Bioinformatics Scientist:
- Serve as the bioinformatics lead for all internal programs, with a focus on designing and analyzing genome editing strategies and, off-target analysis, and transcriptomics.
- Develop methods for optimizing and automating the pipeline for data analysis pipeline, storage, protection, and sharing.
- Contribute to the overall toxicology strategy for all programs, throughout the drug development lifecycle with an emphasis on lead candidate selection.
- Manage in-house and/or outsourced biostatisticians/programmers, and mentor these team members as required.
- Help establish and maintain company data standards, within and across programs.
- Serve as a general bioinformatics resource at the company.
Requirements of the Bioinformatics Scientist:
- PhD in Biostatistics or related discipline with 7+ years biopharmaceutical industry experience; MS in Biostatistics or related discipline with 10+ years biopharmaceutical industry experience will be considered.
- Strong coding skills required, fluency in R, Shell, or Python, etc, and experience with data processing, statistical analysis, and data visualization (e.g. Shiny) including in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS).
- Motivated with ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.