Job ID: #9341
Research & Development
Responsibilities of the Biophysical Scientist:
- Responsible for developing biophysical assays to characterize protein-protein and protein-ligand interactions.
- Work closely with internal lead discovery and medicinal chemistry teams.
- SPR assay development for small molecule discovery and protein-protein interactions.
- Execution of fragment screening campaigns
- Support of hit validation from screening campaigns
- Management of CROs
Requirements of the Biophysical Scientist:
- PhD in Biochemistry or Biophysics with 0-2 years of experience in biotech or pharma.
- Extensive knowledge of SPR
- General proficiency in biophysical techniques such as NMR, MST, nanoDSF, native mass spectrometry, and mass photometry
- Experience with fragment screening is a plus
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.