Job ID: #9378
Chemical Process Engineer
Research & Development
Responsibilities of the Chemical Process Engineer:
- Drive new product introduction, manage toll manufacturers, and bring on capital investments to support commercialization of new customer programs.
- Plan/facilitate product line capital investment projects linked to safety improvements, capability/capacity up to completion. Initiate proposals/innovations for capital investment to continuously improve the manufacturing operation. Execute capital investments in support.
- Lead and support new product development/trials.
- Develop run plan and work with engineers and supervision to ensure operators are trained before execution.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives. Facilitate best practice sharing between the manufacturing teams. Introduce and reinforce new and updated procedures, processes technologies and methods. Collect and rate production methods looking for best practices to be shared globally.
Requirements of the Chemical Process Engineer:
- BS ChemE and 5+ years experience in chemical manufacturing or process development.
- Technical Excellence: Technical knowledge or process and product technology; knowledge of specialty chemical batch manufacturing. Knowledge and ability in plant operations product monitoring and process control.
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools and principals.
- Experience in product specification, product uniformity and variation.
- Experience with analytical problem-solving methodologies (e.g., root cause analysis, failure mode analysis).
- Supply chain know-how.
- Project Management expertise.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.