Job ID: #9110
Research & Development
Responsibilities of the Chemist:
- Compound coating formulations for automotive surfaces
- Application of formulated coatings by a suitable method as intended for product usage or customer needs
- Testing to meet product test specification
- Generation of test data for presentation
- Ability to suggest changes in approaches that may be executed to modify existing formulations, OEM testing, and scaling up into production
Requirements of the Chemist:
- The position reports to the Technical Managers
- Position requires a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Plastic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- 3+ years of industrial experience including formulation of specialty coatings, color matching plant processing procedures, quality control test procedures and technical service.
- The ability to handle multiple projects without needing direct supervision
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers is required
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.