Clinical Lab Technologist, COVID Testing
Responsibilities of the Clinical Lab Technologist, COVID Testing:
- Follow procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures including RNA extraction and qRT-PCR.
- Review and release test results.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA and safety guidelines.
- Adhere to all laboratory SOPs and quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from performance specifications.
Requirements of the Clinical Lab Technologist, COVID Testing:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Biology or related field required.
- 1+ years of real-time PCR experience.
- MLS or MB certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) preferred.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.