Clinical Laboratory Coordinator
Responsibilities of the Clinical Laboratory Coordinator:
- Responsible for employee training on standard protocols and procedures.
- Create and sign off on Personnel Training Plans and Logs.
- Provide sufficient oversight of the team to assure that they diligently follow all protocol procedures and all general policies and are in compliance with BQMS.
- Ensure that staff is familiar with specific protocols.
- Assist in leading team weekly meetings; review and assist with closing out BQMS deviation tickets.
- Assist in reviewing and providing follow-up to quality reporting meetings.
- Works with supervisor/Managers to ensure that all staffing needs are met.
- Assist in the hiring by interviewing applicants for team positions and gathering team feedback.
- Coordinates and manages new laboratory employee orientation.
- Acts as a role model for other laboratory personnel to follow.
- Identifies training and education needs of individuals performing tests.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation from many perspectives, consider various alternatives, and propose the appropriate action to their supervisors.
- Demonstrates good leadership by developing standards of performance, following BQMS policies, and areas responsible for accountability.
Requirements of the Clinical Laboratory Coordinator:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or equivalent required.
- 3 years of experience with laboratory techniques and some supervisory experience required.
- Experience in a high-throughput lab environment with automation preferred.
- Some supervisory, scientific development and organizational experience preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively with an interdisciplinary group of computer scientists and laboratory biologists.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.