Responsibilities of the Computational Biologist:
- Employ computational and statistical tools for the analysis and interpretation of multimodal genomic data, including bulk and single-cell analyses.
- Develop novel algorithms to analyze genomic, transcriptional, and screening data sets.
- Explore novel data visualization tools, with emphasis on integrating diverse data types.
- Work closely with experimental biologists to interpret and validate exciting findings.
- Share results and algorithms with collaborators and the global cancer and immunology research communities.
- Prepare high quality publications and oral presentations.
Requirements of the Computational Biologist:
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological or quantitative field (molecular biology, immunology, computer science, statistics, physics, mathematics, or related field) preferred
- Background knowledge in computational biology preferred, but most important are strong computational and quantitative skills.
- Strong programming skills and experience in algorithm development (using Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Coursework in Statistics.
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K Match
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.