*candidate ONLY LOCAL TO THE GREATER BOSTON AREA are being considered at this time
Responsibilities of the Computational Chemist:
- Lead computational investigations strategies for drug discovery.
- Design and develop algorithms.
- Create and manage data sets, including creating data analysis tools and databases.
- Build a searchable natural compound library from omics-derived data sets.
Requirements of the Computational Chemist:
- Ph.D in life science discipline, ideally in Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics or Biostatistics.
- 5+ years’ experience in drug discovery environment, ideally oncology or small molecule related.
- Proficient in C, C++ Python, Java, or Perl.
- Experience using commercial platforms.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.