Responsibilities of the Computational Chemist:
- Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, computational chemistry or related field is required.
- Must have 5+ years of experience relevant to drug discovery is preferred with a good working knowledge of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with medicinal chemists, structural biologists and other members of cross-functional project teams.
- Effective communication of data and structural designs using graphics and interactive sessions.
- Demonstrated skills in the application of computer-assisted drug design using modeling and computational software.
- Able to handle multiple early-stage drug discovery projects.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented environment.
- Contribute to drug discovery efforts by applying computational chemistry approaches such as ligand docking, molecular dynamics simulations, pharmacophore modeling, QSAR/ADMET models, and small-scale library design.
- Generate, assess, and prioritize ligand designs using modeling tools and work with outside synthesis teams.
- Analyze prospective protein targets for druggability and therapeutic relevance using computational methods and available databases, this can include protein homology modeling.
- Experience in molecular dynamics and free energy perturbation calculations desirable.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux and queuing systems, and cloud computing solutions to perform large calculations is preferred.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.