Responsibilities of the Computational Scientist:
- Predict mutations and design libraries to increase enzyme stability, solubility, and activity.
- Develop predictive models for enzyme engineering using machine-learning/deep-learning techniques.
- Work as part of a scientific team to implement experimental plans.
- Assist with maintenance of hardware and software to support computational bioengineering.
- Communicate results with colleagues.
Requirements of the Computational Scientist:
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Biostatistics, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
- Experience with one or more of the protein modeling and design software such as Schrodinger, Rosetta, Discovery Studio, MOE, or NAMD.
- Experience with protein visualization software such as PyMOL.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.