Responsibilities of the Computational Scientist:
- Design bioinformatic strategic and execution on genome engineering analysis.
- Apply contemporary methods for genomic data processing, analysis and mining.
- Develop and maintain NGS data processing pipeline focusing on the creation of integrated datasets derived from public and internal data sources.
- Develop and implements bioinformatics initiatives and programs required by the company, utilizing both internal and external resources.
Requirements of the Computational Scientist:
- PhD degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, or a related field.
- Must have 2+ years relevant experience within bioinformatics.
- Must have experience with NGS analysis, statistics and statistical model building.
- Must have experience working with oncology datasets.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.