Director, Computational Biology, NGS
- Provide strong mentorship, strategic leadership, and technical expertise in computational biology.
- Lead the strategy, development, and deployment of computational methods and workflows for the analysis of high- throughput data including NGS.
- Apply or develop new tools or data-mining techniques of large data sets.
- Develop and integrate novel computational biology tools and technologies.
- Work closely with R&D in development of preclinical therapeutics.
- Provide access to public and proprietary databases.
- Design approaches for both immunological and genomic functions.
Requirements of the Director, Computational Biology, NGS:
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Science with 10+ years of experience in biotech/pharma industry.
- Experience managing a team of Scientists.
- Strong grounding in genomics or immunology with strong statistical and quantitative data analysis skills and experience.
- Experience with cloud computing.
- Experience in developing bioinformatics systems for NGS-based data, including short and long read sequencing.
- Experience with single cell genomics is a strong plus.
- Proven ability to develop or apply new tools for integrative analysis.
- Leadership abilities on both technical and creative level to effectively communicate, improve, adapt, and develop new strategies, technologies, and train less experienced scientists and associates.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.