Responsibilities of the Director, Immunology:
- Oversee the design, characterization, and optimization of cell-based in vitro pharmacology models in primary cells and cell lines.
- Play a key role in the design and execution of in vivo studies to assess drug candidates.
- Work with an interdisciplinary research team to advance therapeutic candidates in immunology.
- Author study reports necessary to support regulatory filings.
- Regularly present work in working group meetings and to the leadership team.
- Participate on joint scientific teams and with partner companies.
- Review literature and engage with outside therapeutic area experts to identify and prioritize target opportunities suitable for therapeutics.
- Participate in scientific meetings and present data to the scientific community.
- The role will have line management responsibilities of Research Associates which requires a commitment to mentoring staff and promoting their individual growth and development.
Requirements of the Director, Immunology:
- PhD in Immunology or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Must have strong immunology experience and building out a team.
- Leadership experience in the use of innovative cellular methods to aid drug discovery efforts and a proven track record of critical contributions to drug development pipelines in immunology.
- Hands-on experience in assay and in vivo model development including the assessment of pharmacodynamic effects of drug candidates in vivo.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.