Responsibilities of the Director, Immunology:
- Build and manage an attractive program portfolio.
- Lead all drug discovery research activities from lead generation to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs.
- Play a leading role in selecting new indications in this space for exploratory work.
- Work cross functionally towards a continuous output of development compounds which address the unmet medical need in various disease indications.
- Support and pursue necessary external collaborations, establish in vivo models at CROs including PD, sub-chronic and chronic disease models.
- Lead and manage a team of 3-4 and grow the team to appropriately resource a growing program pipeline.
- Interface with Computational Biology, Formulation, Early Development and the leadership team.
Requirements of the Director, Immunology:
- PhD scientist in biology/pharmacology fields with profound knowledge of immunology across multiple indications.
- Previous relevant program leading experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery for at least 10 years, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug development in this space.
- Has led at least 1 program from early discovery to IND in Immunology; experience with IND enabling studies and compiling regulatory study reports for IND submission.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.