Director of Chemistry
- Serve as a member of leadership team in the company and provide strategic and technical leadership to the Chemistry team to advance drug discovery pipeline.
- Lead a team of chemists in design and syntheses of drug candidates from early to phase through IND.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Interpret, summarize, and present data at project team meetings.
- Make clear decision in a fast-paced drug discovery environment.
- Write and author patents, papers for peer reviewed journals.
Requirements of the Director of Chemistry:
- Ph.D. in chemistry related discipline, preferably organic or medicinal.
- 10+ years of drug discovery experience in pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated success in leading programs from early stage to through clinical trials.
- Strong chemistry leadership.
- Strong background in organic chemistry and/or medicinal chemistry.
- A track record of working with, managing external vendors, CROs.
- Displayed leadership experience with history of direct reports.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.