Director of Research
Responsibilities of the Director of Research:
- Responsible for vendor management, including technology transfer, meeting management, timeline management, and project goals.
- Ensure that supply is planned appropriately at all nodes to prevent stock-out of key materials.
- Responsible for contracting SOWs and ensuring appropriate deliverables are on-time and in full.
- Oversee and/or draft scientific documents such as study reports, protocols, and SOPs.
- Collaborate with EH&S.
- Maintain lab inventory and equipment maintenance.
- Oversee all aspects of data management systems.
- Training new incoming employees.
- BS/MS/PhD in life science related discipline.
- 5+ year’s experience working in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Previous relationships with outside vendors is preferred.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to raw data, ensuring scientific integrity, and interpretation of results.
- Strong scientific writing skills including experience writing SOWs, scientific reports, protocols, and SOPs.
- Experience working with CROs and service contracts required.
- Experience managing projects and overseeing a scientific team.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.