Director/Vice President, R&D
Responsibilities of the Director/Vice President, R&D:
- Define and evaluate the roles, responsibilities, goals and deliverables for the research team members.
- Provide leadership, mentor-ship, resource management, and organizational scientific framework to guide scientific team on a daily basis.
- Ensure scientific standards and operational readiness of our science projects by providing scientific and strategic guidance and direction.
- Design and oversee studies, collaborating with cross-functional teams to reach critical decisions.
- Organize teams, including resource allocations to efficiently carry out needed functions to reach company objectives in a timely manner.
- Ensure results-oriented meetings and positive team dynamics.
- Write reports capturing key research findings in real time to support diligence, regulatory filings, etc.
- Participate and interface effectively with other parts of the R&D organization in clinical trial planning, report generation, IND preparation,
other regulatory filings.
- Ensure that the organization is producing the highest quality science in all aspects of research in an efficient manner.
Requirements of the Director/Vice President, R&D:
- An advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD or MD/PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline is required.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in research, drug discovery and development.
- Experience leading teams, including direct supervision of researchers.
- Track record of leading research collaborations with academia and industry.
- Confident leader and teammate, comfortable making recommendations, and decisions; comfortable with open-ended problems and ambiguity; strategic thinker.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.