Responsibilities of the EHS Manager:
- Improve EHS workplace performance.
- Identify and mitigate EHS risk and implement safety and environmental management systems.
- Communicates all findings to the responsible managers.
- Improve and maintain compliance with local, state, federal, and environmental regulations.
- Performs duties related to the hazard identification and control process, safe work planning, inspection and assessment, incident investigation, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, training, safe work procedure development, and regulatory compliance recordkeeping and documentation.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs.
- Conduct necessary safety training for employees.
- Submit required regulatory reports.
- Conduct inspections and audits throughout the facility.
Requirements of the EHS Manager:
- BS/MS degree in life science, environmental, or health & safety discipline.
- 3+ years working in Biosafety Level II or GMP facility is desired.
- Displayed knowledge of environmental, federal, state regulations pertaining to health and safety.
- Leadership abilities to convey regulations to pre-existing and new employees.
- Ability to help manage laboratories.
- Safety certificates such as CSP, CIH, CHMM and/or OHST are helpful but not required.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Life Science, Medical Device, and Engineering Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.