Engineer Manager, Testing
Responsibilities of the Engineer Manager, Testing:
- Develop test methods and equipment for evaluating and comparing performance of devices for concept selection, design optimization, design verification & validation.
- Conceptualization of new product ideas and enhance existing products, development of detailed specifications, construction of prototypes, pre-clinical research for new products or current product enhancements.
- Ensure that assigned projects and or products are designed to facilitate manufacturability.
- Work directly with customer representatives to determine needs in product design.
- Ensure that product documentation is in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Train and lead staff across multi-disciplinary engineering departments.
- Perform V&V testing for software units.
Requirements of the Engineer Manager, Testing:
- BS/MS engineering or life science related discipline.
- 5+ years of successful engineering management with medical devices.
- Evidence of having developed original methods for device testing including fixture, tooling design, and fabrication.
- Experience working under quality systems designed to meet FDA and ISO regulations.
- Familiar with design control procedures and requirements.
- Ability to interact with a strong mechanical, electrical, and software aptitude.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.