Responsibilities of the Engineering Technician:
- Assemble and electromechanical devices, machined parts into functional prototypes.
- Design and coordinate engineering tests, test fixtures, and experiments.
- Test and qualify products or subassemblies following test protocols.
- Create and maintain engineering drawings and procedures.
- Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate results.
- Support various engineering development and lab maintenance activities as required.
Requirements of the Engineering Technician:
- High school Diploma, GED, or Associates technical degree.
- Must have 2+ years industry experience with complex electro-mechanical device, instruments, or products, preferably Medical Devices.
- Solidworks knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high degree of organizational and technical competence.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.