Responsibilities of the Facilities Manager:
- Oversight of the purchasing function including optimization of the procurement processes and coordination of material and resources allocation.
- Develop strategies for space planning, fulfilling EH&S requirements, building/office/lab access and programs, and establishing/maintaining security policies.
- Strategic and tactical lead for short-term and long-term infrastructure development and other capital projects for supporting company growth, including lab and office design and construction.
- Build and maintain operations and facilities budget and forecasting, and oversee purchasing, staffing, contract negotiations and vendor management.
- Ensure service contracts and robust laboratory management programs are in place to support continued growth.
- Maintain and enforce compliance with local, federal and international licenses and permit requirements.
Requirements of the Facilities Manager:
- BS or MS degree and 7+ years facilities/lab management experience within the life science industry.
- Demonstrated experience setting and implementing short and long-term infrastructure strategies.
- Experience with budget management and contract negotiation, vendor management and software to facilitate purchasing.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.