**Must be open to relocating to Chicago area
Responsibilities of the Field Engineer:
- Install, troubleshoot, and service laboratory instrumentation at customer sites across North America.
- Work in cross functional teams to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Provide remote support via telephone, email, and chat.
- Provide training and demonstrations of system hardware.
- Help create field service department by providing input for service infrastructure and writing SOPs.
Requirements of the Field Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or life sciences field.
- 2+ years of field engineering experience with laboratory instrumentation.
- Experience working with systems that involve pneumatics, fluidics, mechanics, electronics, and/or biology.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60%, consisting of both domestic and international travel.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.