Responsibilities of the Grants Manager:
- Prepares grants and contracts from the government, private foundations, and patient advocacy groups.
- Will handle all aspects of grant administration, including proposal review, submission and award set up.
- Independently monitors and maintains post-award grant management activities including providing company stakeholders with ongoing financial reporting as well as serving as the primary point of contact on all compliance related issues involving grants or contracts with the respective funding agencies.
- Works in internal and/or external accountants to ensure compliance to appropriate accounting standards.
- Leads any grant or contract related audit in conjunctions with internal and/or external accountants, as necessary.
- Serves as liaison with sponsors, fostering ongoing relationships.
- Conversant in applicable sponsor rules and regulations; preparing and submitting documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee sponsored research project accounts, reviews and reconciles charges and works with team members and finance team to forecast balances and submits required financial reports to the appropriate funding agencies.
- Works closely with the Principal Investigator of the grant or contract to monitor progress and timelines for all funded awards.
- Coordinates process with CFO for annual budget projections in conjunction with the finance team.
Requirements of the Grants Manager:
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years experience supporting industry grants in the areas of federal and non-federal grant administration.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of personal computers, spreadsheets, and word processing applications.
- Knowledge of federal web-based grants management systems, enterprise financial systems, query tools or grants management tools a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Commonwealth Sciences is a professional recruiting firm specializing in Science, Engineering and Green Technologies. We unite industry professionals with exciting career opportunities by leveraging our technical expertise, advanced recruiting tools and years of staffing experience. CWS works with a variety of disciplines and levels from Research Associates to Scientists, Engineers, Managers and Directors. Our clients value the basic integrity, customer service and industry expertise that defines our organization.